Sunday 2 September 2012

WASP Arrowhead Fighter - Part 3

Just a brief update today.

I decided to go with a normal Airfix pilot, but I'm going with a Revell Scorpion's ejector seat.  It doesn't look like a modern seat and has a wonderfully retro look to it.



So I'll make up the cockpit interior, paint it up and then paint up the pilot and seat.

Incidentally, I decided NOT to go with placing the air intakes under the tail.  I can't find a reference for their position, and they looked silly anyway.  I have the "Stingray" DVD box set on the way from Amazon, so I will pay close attention to any of these which grace the screen... Stand by on Pause Button!

While looking through my Stingray annuals, I came across this full-page illustration in the 1966 annual (for 1967)...


Interestingly it isn't called an Arrowhead fighter, it's called a Mercury, and has VTOL capability.
Er... how?
Anyway, nice to see that they featured in one of the annuals at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment